Store Hours:Monday - Thursday 11-6; Friday 11-5; Sat 10-4; Closed Sundays and major holidays
Complete the form below and a qualified staff member will contact you directly to discuss your experience and enroll you in our available class schedule.
"good divers never stop learning"
This course is designed to teach certified divers how to safely utilize side-mounted primary cylinders as an alternative to the traditional back-mounted configuration.
The course is geared solely to open water, non-decompression diving and is designed for any diver interested in learning to dive a sidemount configuration.
Motivations for Sidemount
- Additional tool
- Streamlined, less drag
- Lower profile for confined spaces
- Easy Trim
- Adjust gear to body shape
- Independent dbl cyls allow for gas redundancy w/o X-over valve
- X-over valve is vulnerable to impacts and thus potential failure pt.
- Leaks easily detected, valves in-sight and accessible
- Range of head motion increased
- Tanks easily attached and removed in h2o, enter or exit H2with or without tanks
- Tanks more manageable to and from dive site
Qualifications after certification
- Upon successful completion of the Sidemount course, graduates may engage in sidemount diving activities with maximum two (2) independent tanks without direct supervision.
Open Water Training
- A maximum of 4 students per Instructor
- Instructor’s discretion to reduce this number as conditions dictate
Number of Dives and Course Duration
- Two (2) dives are required with complete briefs and debriefs by the instructor
- Minimum one (1) day
The following topics will be covered during this course:
- Gas management utilizing independent cylinders
- Equipment considerations
- Cylinder options
- Regulator options
- Wing / harness options
- Proper weighting
- Equipment configurations
- Problem solving
- Appropriate entries and exit
- S-Drills (specific to sidemount)
In order to complete this course, students must:
- Pass exam with 75% or better
- Perform all open water dive requirements safely and efficiently
- Demonstrate mature, sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Log all dives
Open Water Diver or equivalent. Minimum age 15 years
Experience the other two thirds
When are classes?
Check out our calendar