Store Hours:Monday - Thursday 11-6; Friday 11-5; Sat 10-4; Closed Sundays and major holidays
Experience the other two thirds
"good divers never stop learning"
Provide certified scuba divers with the basic technical knowledge and skills necessary to be competent in the use of a Full Face Mask (FFM). This knowledge will allow the diver to realize the benefits of FFM diving. The course covers background and general maintenance information that will help in the choice of the appropriate unit for the application.
- Academic 1-3 hour academic session
- Practical 1-3 hour pool session
Open water dives:
- Two open water dives to demonstrate proficiency of knowledge and skills in FFM use while at an actual dive site
Qualification for recognition:
- Pass exam with a score no less than 75%, show proficiency in skills for safe and competent FFM use in both confined and open water environments.
Advantages to use of FFM:
- Many FFMs afford a greater visual field than traditional masks
- Availability of underwater communication systems allow divers to converse.
- Multi-strap systems provide added mask security.
- Lack of 2nd stage induced of jaw fatigue increases comfort
- Whole face protection from the elements.
- Allow for normal, relaxed breathing.
- Keeping the face warm increases dive comfort
Graduates will have understanding of:
- Properly use a FFM
- Handle FFM failures
- Understand the benefits of diving with a FFM
- Provide general maintenance on a FFM
- Identify differing styles of FFMs
March 11th, 2018: Class and Pool session, Sunday 11am-6pm.
10 years or older, (Junior) Open Water Diver
When are classes?
Check out our calendar
Complete the form below and a qualified staff member will contact you directly to discuss your experience and enroll you in our available class schedule.